As one of the leading labor and employment law firms, we are aware of the myriad ways that a worker or laborer is protected by labor and employment law. Lots of individuals, unfortunately, don’t know their rights in a place of work. Our labor and employment attorneys are available to make sure they’re not exploited.
Each knowledgeable labor and employment attorney in our practice brings employment and labor law expertise and will advocate for your rights, making sure you avoid mistreatment of any kind. Occasionally, the client has no idea a legal response is theirs to choose. It is imperative to have a general understanding of your basic rights and regulations, and then obtain the guidance of skilled legal advisers in Port St. Lucie.
Employment and Labor Law
Employment and labor law addresses most illegal workplace matters. Knowledgeable labor and employment attorneys from capable labor and employment law firms like ours provide necessary legal counsel, helping you understand labor issues such as unlawful firings, overtime receipts, instances of workplace harassment, violence or compensation. Labor & employment law addresses minimum wage as well, which employers need to respect. Port St. Lucie Labor & employment law is complicated, so contact a labor and employment law firm who strives to protect your rights and support you if unfair or illegal employer activities arise.
Florida Workplace Harassment and Discrimination
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1974 prohibits employers from discriminating against employees because of race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Several Florida state statutes also impose liability on employers for this type of allegedly discriminatory conduct taken against employees. If a former employee has filed an employment lawsuit against you or your company, you should contact an experienced labor attorney immediately. Our Port St. Lucie law firm can work with you to limit your company’s exposure to a Title VII claim and equivalent California state causes of action, to assess the anticipated claimed damages, aggressively litigate the matter on your behalf, and represent you in all court proceedings up to and including trial.
If you have been named as a defendant in an employment lawsuit, contact our Port St. Lucie labor & employment law firm today. We possess extensive knowledge and practical experience handling, among other types of labor cases, employment law matters involving the following:
- Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation
- Based on age, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability status, exercising rights under federal and/or state family or medical leave laws; filing a formal complaint of discrimination with H.R.
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Hour Violations
- Family Leave Laws, Medical Leave Laws
- Pregnancy Discrimination/Harassment
- Disability Discrimination
- Defamation, Slander, Libel
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress; Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Workers’ Compensation on behalf of Applicants and Employers; Defense of Labor Code Section 137(a) claims on behalf of Employers
- Alleged violations of state and/or federal family or medical leave laws
- Unpaid Regular Wages; Unpaid Overtime Wages
- Meal break violations; Rest period violations
- Misclassification Wage & Hour cases – Exempt v. Non-exempt
Contact Our Port St. Lucie Labor and Employment Law Firm
Labor and employment law firms must strive for excellence in client service. Our labor and employment attorneys understand the subtle nuances of labor and employment law and use that knowledge to benefit our clients. We get to know you and the business you’re in. We assess the facts of your case, review it with regard to employment and labor law and assist in devising solutions to an employment problem of any kind. Justice in the workplace is a right not a privilege. It is a lot easier to do when a professional is by your side. Call us for a consultation right away in Port St. Lucie.